Employment with Mixed Company
Mixed Company is always looking for honest, reliable animal lovers to join our team. Whether you're interested in walking or pet sitting, we'd love to hear from you.
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least 6-12 months
- Have a valid driver's license and a reliable, insured vehicle
- Ability to walk and care for animals in all weather conditions
- Own a smart phone with camera and texting plan
- 18 years or older
- Able to pass a criminal background check
Qualifications and Skills
- Comfortable handling dogs of many breeds, sizes, ages and temperaments
- Capable of using positive reinforcement techniques when working with animals
- Excellent communication skills. After each visit, we send text updates so clients know the time we came and left and any important info pertaining to their pet's wellness
- Experience administering medications to dogs and cats (or if not, have a willingness to learn)
- Good time management skills, reliability and punctuality
- Commitment to customer service and going above and beyond in ensuring quality care for animals
- Writing skills and attention to detail as you will be interviewing and sending updates to clients
- Previous experience caring for dogs, cats and other animals is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Get paid to spend time outdoors, exercise and receive the love and companionship of animals
- Our staff are employees, not contractors. We pay employer tax contributions and you are covered by our Worker's Compensation and liability insurance
- Full Time Manager and Pack Leader/Trainer Positions are eligible for a monthly health care stipend
- Continued paid training throughout your employment, including Pet First Aid & CPR
- Holidays are not required, but if you do work the following holidays you receive $5.00 extra per visit or $10.00 extra per overnight stay: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, President's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day
- Potential tips from happy clients
- Merit-based increases and bonuses
- Discounts for dog walking and pet sitting services for your own pets
- Monetary incentives for referring new clients and employees
- In some cases, the option to bring your own friendly dog to work with you
- Be part of small, dedicated team while also having the freedom to work independently
Ready to Apply?
To be considered, please email your resume to: email@example.com with the following information:
- Why you are interested
- Any skills you have that might strengthen our team such as past leadership roles, outdoor hiking and wilderness training, HR or administrative experience, professional writing, customer service and marketing, Vet Tech training, volunteer work in animal shelters, grooming experience, work at dog daycares, pet sitting for friends/family, care for your own pets, etc.
- What area/neighborhood of Salt Lake City do you live in?
- What hours/days are you available and are you looking for full or part-time hours?
We look forward to hearing from you!